Monday, October 1, 2012

Hey there October

HAPPY OCTOBER!
(It's still 100 degrees outside, but I am in full Fall mode
regardless of what Florida has in mind.)

Today was full of surprises! Driving to work today, I felt like it was going to be a good day, and I was psyching myself up for a good week. Last week was the most stressful and exhausting week I have had in awhile (ironically, having nothing to do with pregnancy) so I really needed a good week, and a good week was going to require a good Monday.

I've been craving orange juice like a mad woman, must be low on vitamin C, so I stopped at Burger King on the way to work to get a large orange juice. The cashier asked me if I wanted to add a Cinnabon to my order for only $1.00.....ummm YES. We will just ignore the fact that I did indeed have a cinnamon roll at Ikea yesterday as well. I'm gonna pull the pregnant card here because I only have 5 more weeks to use it. So me, my OJ, and my delicious cinnamon roll made the drive to work.

The work morning went by rather steadily and I felt really good for getting so much done before lunch. Aaron's grandmother surprised me around 11:30 by showing up to my desk to take me to lunch. She has never done this before so it was a great surprise! To top it all off, she brought me fresh Kifla, still warm from the oven. Aaron's grandmother is from Germany and makes the most amazing food from all the original old recipes. Kifla is my favorite of those recipes! It is essentially a croissant style roll and she tops it with thick cut salt. It's delicious! She brought me a whole bag...some of which I am considering sharing with the Hubs.

As we were leaving to go to lunch our building manager stopped me in the lobby and reminded me I had to go to the buidling meeting before I left. We don't have building meetings, like ever, so I was kind of confused. She insisted I go back to the classroom and that it would only take a few minutes, and insisted I take Aaron's grandmother with me. So Mary and I hobbled off to the classroom, I opened the door, and SURPRISE....there were all my co-workers filling a baby decorated room. It was a surprise baby shower for me and one other co-worker who is expecting around the same time as I am. I was shocked! Usually I am the one doing all the secret party planning so I am amazed they kept this a secret for over a month. We had yummy food and opened presents. I felt very loved!



I get very excited everytime I look at the calendar these days. We have plans scheduled every single weekend between now and Laura Lynn arriving and I am hoping that makes these last few weeks waiting for her go by quickly. I've continued to say that this whole pregnancy has flown by, and September was no different. Where did it go??

This weekend Hubs will be out of town for the day on Saturday for a big car show, which likely means I won't see him much this week either as he works like a mad man to get some projects finished in time for the show. I am going to take advantage of him being gone by cleaning the house, getting LL's room in order, and will probably spend all day Saturday getting her nursery set up. Sunday we are hoping to go to a car show at the winery nearby, and while I can't drink any of the wine, I am looking forward to the walking around and all the fair-style food. Every event we have planned between now and my due date requires lots of walking, so I am thinking maybe that could make miss LL want to come a little sooner. I'm in no rush, she can stay put as long as she feels comfy, within reason of course. I would like to not be pregnant at some point this year!

Happy Monday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment