Tuesday, October 9, 2012

all the tiny things

Yesterday I stood in LL's room and took it all in. The realization that a tiny person would be occupying that room in less than a month hit me like a hurricane. I've been dreaming of her arrival for months, hell even years, so recognizing that my wish is almost granted was overwhelming. It's like waiting for Christmas except a hundred times that power.




I stood there and looked at the tiny clothes and the tiny shoes and imagined the little body that would soon fill them out. I looked at all the decor I have made pleasantly waiting to be hung in her nursery and hoped she would love what I created for her.




I've dreamed of being a mother for as long as I can remember, but the gift of being this mom, her mom, is a blessing I couldn't have dreamed big enough for. I'm excited, I'm scared, I'm nervous, but more than anything I'm ready..ready to wear my new name-tag that says "Hello my name is mama".



A few more weeks baby girl. We cannot wait to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment